Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas To You!

I know, I know...I have been silent for too long.

I have been catching up on my life...everything sort of fell apart when I was preparing for the shows!  At least that's my story and I am sticking to it....I have been one to make house anything my last priority.

I hope you enjoy this holiday season in whatever way makes you happy!  It's so easy to get caught up in the hype and expectations and so easy to forget why we are celebrating in the first place.  We were sent this Savior so that we could just be...let go of expectations and the feeling that we are never good enough, that what we do is not enough, that we "should" be more and being more...Grace has made all of that a mute point.  When we will get it.

So, my thought for you this Christmas is let it go.  So what if you can't get everything done you always do for Christmas.  There's always next year.  Or maybe it won't matter and you will be able to free yourself from that "must do" forever.  So what if you can't find the perfect gift or that recipe you made last year (I can't and have accepted that the recipe I found on line will be just as good!).  Know that only you really notice the dust in your house.  As my Auntie Lori used to say, "They are coming to visit me, not my house".  If you are so stressed that you don't notice the small and wonderful moments that happen then really, you've missed the point of gathering with friends and family.

Of course, I am not denying the fact that red wine will help with the noticing of dust bunnies.

May you feel peace in everything you do.  Be safe, be grateful and enjoy the season.

I have big plans for the New Year and look forward to hopefully getting to know you!
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment